How to make a gif in gimp, using a video file (since using only pictures to make a gif always makes the gif movement really choppy, I use a video file)
Once you finish that:
- Open the completed gif.
- Make all the layers invisible except the last one (aka the background layer)
- Add the text.
- "How to add a border to your text"
- Makes copies of the text and put them in between the layers. Make them invisible.
- Make only the background and first text layer visible
- Now go to "image" and click "merge visible layers"
- Once those two layers are merged, make that one invisible and the next two visible, then merge those. Repeat the process until all text layers have been merged with a gif layer.
- Watch playback to make sure everything is right. (Filters > animation > playback)
- Save the gif.
And now I can bookmark this XD
N/A - No longer using GIMP