I am. I work in the online grocery department at Walmart. People place their orders, we shop for them, and take it out to their cars to load their vehicles. You can imagine how busy we are lately. We don't have enough people or equipment, so every day is high stress and physical.
2. How many drinks have you had since the quarantine started?
None. I'm not really a drinker. Though I did desperately want a drink on Monday, I was in such a hurry to leave and get home that I forgot to stop and buy something.
3. If you have kids... Are they driving you nuts?
No kids. Ever, lol.
4. What new hobby have you taken up during this?
God, I wish. I'm so exhausted and sore when I get home from work I don't have the brain capacity to do much. I've been watching a lot of Buzzfeed Unsolved and reading fic for it. I'm less emotionally invested in that fandom, so it's easier for me to read. McShep fic gives me ALL THE FEELS and I just cannot.
5. How many grocery runs have you done?
About four? Once every two weeks or so. We're well stocked on toilet paper and hand sanitizer. We can only fit so much food in our tiny freezer, so I can't do REALLY BIG shopping. Because I work at Walmart I can pick up odds and ends as I need them, though.
6. What are you spending your stimulus check on?
Most of it is going into my savings account. My family is plagued by bad luck, so eventually I'm going to need it to fix the car, or take the dog to the vet.
7. Do you have any special occasions that you will miss during this quarantine?
Not really? My family doesn't really do much. Thanksgiving and Christmas are really the only holidays we go big for.
8. Are you keeping your housework done?
It's getting done, but only because I don't have to do it lol.
9. What movies have you watched during this quarantine?
None. I've been meaning to watch Knives Out, but like I said, I mostly just marathon Buzzfeed Unsolved until it's time for me to go to bed.
10. What are you streaming with?
Youtube for BFU. But I have Hulu through a friend, Netflix, Amazon Prime through a family member, and Disney+.
11. 9 months from now is there any chance of you having a baby?
Holy shit no.
12. What's your go-to quarantine meal?
We're really just eating the same things we always do.
13. Is this whole situation making you paranoid?
God, yes. Because I'm interacting with people all day at work, and you can't tell if someone is asymptomatic or not...it's a constant low-level beat of anxiety.
14. Has your internet gone out on you during this time?
No, but it has slowed down. Tumblr takes longer to load sometimes.
15. What month do you predict this all ends?
Given how cases are still going up every day, I'm going to say August. We aren't going to have a working vaccine for awhile. The disease is going to continue to spread.
16. First thing you’re gonna do when you get off quarantine?
I'm not being quarantined. But when it calms down somewhat, I'm going to take 4 days off. I really, really need a break from work.
17. Where do you wish you were right now?
Home. I just really want several days in a row where I can stay home and sleep and relax.
18. What free-from-quarantine activity are you missing the most?
The ability to go to sit-down restaurants with my boyfriend or family member(s).
19. Have you run out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer?
Nope, we are WELL stocked up on that.
20. Do you have enough food to last a month?
If I absolutely COULD NOT go out for a month - no. Not even close. We just don't have the space to store that much food in our trailer. But if necessary, I could leave my card outside (hidden, of course) for my brother to grab. He could shop for us, leave the food on the porch, and we could bring it in when he leaves. This entry was originally posted at https://popkin16.dreamwidth.org/251007.html. Please comment there using OpenID.