I was tagged by shaddyr, who I think tagged everyone that *I* would have tagged too. So: if you want to do this, I choose you!
1. I don't like tea. I don't like it cold or warm, I don't even like those Brisk half & half where it's supposed to be half tea half lemonade or whatever. If it tastes like tea, I don't want it, lol.
2. I don't like coffee. Or, well, I do, but I have to put so much sugar and creamer in it you can barely taste the coffee lol.
3. I've been in fandom since 2001 (my old FF.Net account was set up that year), when I was 12 years old. I totally lied about my age to get into 18+ groups, though I think I didn't try to get into those until I was 16 or so. Until that point, I was content with whatever was on FF.Net.
4. I have to have something to drink when I eat. This is a really weird quirk of mine that I can't explain. I think maybe I just don't like my mouth feeling sticky after eating.
5. I grew up on horror movies. I remember watching Stephen King's IT when I was seven, lol. And now I deliberately listen to scary podcasts and read scary things late at night, when I'm the only one up.
6. I am a first generation sci-fi fan. Nobody else in my family likes sci-fi. None of the classics, the new stuff. I think the only exception might be the Aliens franchise, and only because it's scary.
7. Fandom has saved my life. I say fandom in general terms, but I mean fic and the friends I made. I moved around A LOT growing up, and the one constant I had was fandom. I could always turn the computer on and read fic about my favs, or interact with other people who love what I do. In more recent years, you guys have helped me out financially, and I honestly have no idea where I'd be without your guy's generosity.
8. I have a stuffed animal from when I was two, and I am not ashamed to say I still sleep with it. She's been another constant in a life of change.
9. I'm making my first fanvid. I have mentioned this before, but I'm seriously running out of facts about myself. I'm boring, lol.
10. I'm currently watching a show, Critical Role, where a bunch of voice actors play D&D. It started as a private game before going online, so you're dropped in the middle, but the plot is easy to follow. The downside: the average length of episodes is like, 3 hours. But they play a diverse cast - there's two bisexual characters in the main cast, two lesbian secondary characters who make frequent appearances, and even an agender character. Also there's Viktor.
This entry was originally posted at https://popkin16.dreamwidth.org/235378.html. Please comment there using OpenID.